1. JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for two additional exceptional and inspirational Kindergarten educators to join the exisiting team and to deliver our curriculum, which is based on Waldorf Early Childhood Education, for five days per week in Just.Childhood’s kindergarten Bait al-Shams in Beirut – Sabra area.
The first and foremost responsibility of the Kindergarten educator is to be concerned with the overall welfare of the children in the kindergarten, and to care for and respond to their individual needs, as well as promoting and supporting the educational principles of Waldorf Early Childhood Education and Care. The group of children in your care will be between the ages of 3 and rising 6 years old..
2. ABOUT US
Just.childhood Association in Lebanon was established in May 2014 in an attempt to support socially marginalized Refugee children in their (human) right to education and to promote children’s rights to grow up free from fear and violence and to develop their full potential in order to contribute to a better future for themselves and their community.
The main aim of the educational work in the kindergarten is encouraging and advancing the physical, emotional, mental and social strength of the children. They will beare given the opportunity to strengthen their individual skills, as well as their group behavior. An integrated educational approach is providing the children with the knowledge, competencies in language and social skills that need to be achieved by entering school.
3. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The role of the Kindergarten Educator is to support the Kindergarten Coordinator in ensuring that high standards of excellence are maintained in the Kindergarten through high quality of learning for each child. This includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
- The Kindergarten Educators have primary responsibility for the overall welfare of the children in their care. This includes: supporting the creative play, artistic and domestic activities; the celebration of festivals (seasonal and cultural) creative discipline and work with parents, carers and families
- The Kindergarten Educator is responsible for the organisation and running of the Kindergarten, working as part of a team of teachers, the Kindergarten Coordinator and Management Team.
- Implementing the Kindergarten curriculum for Waldorf Early Childhood at a pace suitable for the children’s ages and development, with appropriate modifications deemed necessary
- Familiarizing oneself immediately with the rules of behaviour and ensure the adherence to our policies and procedures and to statutory obligations, particularly those relating to Health and Safety and risk assessments, Safeguarding (child protection) and Equal Opportunities
- The Kindergarten Educator is responsible for adequate preparation and planning which includes attending to daily, weekly and long-term planning, and working with colleagues in a reciprocal way in order to facilitate this. The Kindergarten Educator is also responsible for daily and weekly reviews of planning and activities, including keeping parents informed. The Kindergarten Educator will put sufficient amounts of this preparation and planning process in writing so as to be able to work clearly with the colleagues, and for any cover teacher to be able to continue effectively with the children should the Kindergarten educator be absent. These documents will also serve to assessors, supply teachers or others, the intended learning, progression, activities and rhythms in that particular Kindergarten group, and how the needs of specific children will be met
- It is expected that the Kindergarten Educator will keep daily, weekly and termly individual child observations/assessments and undertake (with colleagues) individual child studies when appropriate or needed. The Kindergarten Educator should also produce end of year reports for all the children within the Kindergarten
- The Kindergarten Educator is responsible for the care and beauty of the classroom according to the Waldorf curriculum, working with the seasons, sensory protection or the young child, and full understanding of the Health and Safety regulations of the school
- The Kindergarten Educator is expected to work with the other Kindergarten and school educators, assistants, administrative staff
4. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS required to perform the duties of the post:
- Degree in Education (preferably in early childhood development or pre-school education) or high school degree.
b) WORK EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in pre-school education and/or child protection.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (verbal and written).
d) REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Working with People
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
- Submission guidelines: To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The deadline for applications is August 1st 2021 .
Just.Childhood is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.